Current Jobs Here is a list of jobs that we are currently recruiting for in Marketing, PR and Digital, in and around Surrey. These can change on an almost daily basis so do check back regularly. We also advise you to keep an eye on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook for further updates.
Happy job hunting!
< Back to jobs
Senior Digital Lead – Guildford, Surrey
The role calls for a web savvy, commanding individual with 3+ years experience in a similar role.
You will be managing an in-house team of PHP (& basic PERL) developers and the PERL backend development team.
Initially you’ll hit the ground running by spearheading the development of our website and framework, as well as managing everyday workflows of the digital and data team and driving regular stand-ups. A further important part of the role will be to manage client expectations with regular client facing meetings
It is your role to ensure that the “Why?” and “How?” questions are asked exhaustively and answered satisfactorily. You will need to engage with stakeholders – internal and external – at all levels in order that needs are fully and appropriately defined and documented, that objectives, risks and assumptions are properly considered, that people and process are coached and developed as needed and, primarily, that objectives are met.
- Bring a critical, objective and positive approach to changing our ways of working and our products and deploy appropriate tools and working practices to encourage and facilitate that change
- Deploy appropriate tools to manage projects, define needs, analyse risks, scope benefits in the context of delivering positive change
- Assign and schedule work (new feature build, tasks, bug fixes) through the Development team and within an agile, sprint-based methodology
- Responsible for client liaison and technical recommendations
- Perform and direct, as appropriate, all forms of Acceptance Testing
- Negotiate, define and document requirements and write user stories
- Organise demonstrations at end of Sprint sessions and, where necessary, for and to customers
- Develop reports for client and internal publication as required
- Organise project meetings and share pre- and post- meeting documentation
- Ensure development and reporting deadlines are met
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Understand the capabilities and functions of our product set
- Appreciate customer needs, expectations and ways of working within the retail property market
- Without direct responsibility for the actual code, scripts or technical architecture of our products, maintain a working appreciation of these things and their inter-dependence
- 20 days holiday raising by one day a year to maximum 25 per annum
- Bonus scheme, based on company personal performance
- Gym membership subsidised by £30 per month
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme