The Project Manager (PM) plays a central support role on a variety of projects, by efficiently, flexibly and pro-actively helping their main line producer or project director.
This means supporting and sometimes leading the various company processes of insight gathering, helping interpret that evidence, then designing the experience and delivering it faultlessly then measuring the effects of the project and making recommendations on continuous improvement.
With a confident approach and positive outlook, the PM enables the producer and wider project team to deliver outstanding results and exceptional client service at all times. The core role of the PM is supportive and multi-disciplinary and will cover a variety of roles – sometimes on the same project – including, production, technical, content, research, logistics, admin including budget monitoring and of course excellent client and supplier contact.
What kind of person are you?
- You have at least 3 years experience in a similar role
- You are highly organised with good administration skills and flawless attention to detail
- You are willing to seize responsibility
- You are good with people at all levels
- You are unfazed by tight deadlines and conflicting priorities and remain calm and collected under pressure
- You either are – or have the potential to be – a confident communicator and presenter
- You are a quick learner, willing to grow and develop
- You are interested in both content, technical and logistical aspects of operations
- You have an excellent working knowledge of MS office
- You keep up-to-date with event/creative/digital/media industry advances
What do you do, day to day?
- Duties cover elements such as creative, technical, admin, digital and budgetary.
- Helps set up and attends regular internal and external creative and content meetings – proactively contributes to such meetings and as appropriate records and minutes these meetings.
- Would be expected to present confidently at both internal and external client meetings.
- Documents and records meetings and compiles timely, accurate, succinct draft contact reports for onward external distribution with 24 hrs of any meeting
- Liaise and negotiate on behalf of the company, better rates and services with suppliers, venues and other service providers
- Input accurate project costing data into Procim to provide valid costings for the producer/project director.
- Familiar with Procim and its various reports.
- Input own accurate time sheet data into Procim.
- Instigate regular team project reports on project timesheet analysis
- Logistics support includes – research and investigate venue both in UK/internationally, set up and undertake comprehensive site inspections, (often accompanying clients), negotiate with venues and other suppliers to ensure the best rates are offered to clients and attend venue and logistics supplier meetings
- Manage specific areas of the project as directed by the producer/project director.
- Organise and set-up onsite production offices that must be well designed and tidy with good IT infrastructure.
- Research for projects and pitches to then interpret that research often into draft PPT presentations
- Complete insurance documents and event safety files
- Deputise for producer and other project members on occasion
- Responsible for managing cash whilst on site and reporting to producer all invoices
- Post production responsibilities including goods & materials returning from event and archiving
Own transport essential.