Current Jobs Here is a list of jobs that we are currently recruiting for in Marketing, PR and Digital, in and around Surrey. These can change on an almost daily basis so do check back regularly. We also advise you to keep an eye on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook for further updates.
Happy job hunting!
< Back to jobs
PR SAM / AD – Godalming, Surrey
Senior Account Manager / Account Director
Hours Full time: 08:30 – 17:00
Nine day fortnight following successful completion of probationary period:
08:30 – 17:45 with every other Friday off
Reports to Client Services Director / Account Director
Managing: Account team
Salary level £30,000 + depending on experience
Purpose of Role
As a Senior Account Manager you are responsible for building and maintaining strong client relationships, delivering agreed client activity, managing both up and down where appropriate and acting as an ambassador for the agency.
At all times to ensure that the agreed PR activity proposed to each of the agency’s clients is being managed and delivered effectively and on time and that every opportunity to develop the client’s account is developed to its full potential.
Client Services Director involvement:
- Work with the Client Services Director to develop client proposals and plans, ultimately leading to the expansion of each account
- Be involved in the development of financial budgets for each client annually, with an initial draft developed by the end of November and finalised budgets by the end of the year.
- Build close relationships with each client including:
o Develop PR proposals and plans to support their marketing and sales objectives
o Conduct regular client meetings to discuss ongoing activity delivery and ensure prompt distribution of minutes from those meetings
o Drive forward the delivery of your client’s PR campaigns/activities including managing the writing of press releases, extended articles, brochure/catalogue entries, advertisements and promotional material
o Maintain regular contact with the client during the month and keeping them fully informed of the work in progress
o Identify new media and PR opportunities for your clients and make recommendations for PR activity to the client
o Forward news and general information pertinent to and about the industry and recommend action to be taken if appropriate
o Be an expert in your clients’ businesses, reading appropriate media; become familiar with their markets, business strategies, competitors and general industry news
o Attend client events where relevant including trade shows, product launches, conferences, hospitality events etc
o Build and maintain relationships with each client’s target media through regular contact including face-to-face briefings where appropriate
- Meet with your Account Team weekly to progress client activity, review and delegate work, manage responsibilities and oversee delivery to include:
o Distribute writing responsibility and give precise timings of when work should be delivered
o Distribution and pick up of media coverage including follow up phone calls and accurate collation of coverage for end of month/yearly reporting
o Contact with the media to secure PR opportunities, set up meetings with editors/journalists, secure participation at client events and generally build relationships with the media on behalf of the client
o Recommend to the Director, training that may be required to improve skill set
o Generally work to develop skill set of team members, encouraging and motivating to ensure personal development
o Conduct annual appraisal
- Help to identify new business prospects by keeping abreast of industry news, actively seeking out new companies and bringing them to the attention of the Director.
• Attend new business meetings and actively participate in new business pitches, including research, writing proposals and presentations.
- Computer housekeeping; own filing and individual admin duties; Attend relevant events on behalf of the agency where appropriate.
- Continue your professional development, in consultation with the Director; take an interest in the B2B PR industry
- Four – Five year’s PR experience
- Experience of client pitch delivery
- Line management experience
- B2B PR experience
- Social media
- Education & Training: Degree level
- Proven desire to keep abreast of industry issues and changes
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to develop creative PR ideas and approaches
- Excellent proven communications skills – both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of PR industry processes and practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate an innovative and problem-solving approach to issues
- Interest in current affairs
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure deadlines are met, including managing multiple PR programmes