Current Jobs Here is a list of jobs that we are currently recruiting for in Marketing, PR and Digital, in and around Surrey. These can change on an almost daily basis so do check back regularly. We also advise you to keep an eye on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook for further updates.
Happy job hunting!
< Back to jobs
Travel PR Executive – Farnborough, Hampshire
Our client has an excellent role for a PR Executive with Travel experience to join their team. Ideally you’ll have worked agency side on some Travel accounts, however, they’d also consider strong Consumer PR experience too.
Skills and Experience:
- A strong team player, with a willingness to get ‘stuck in’ and support across a wide variety of tasks
- Excellent understanding of the media landscape – both digital and traditional
- Competent using website content management systems
- Creative thinker, with the ability to think outside the box and develop innovative solutions to problems
- Organised approach to work, with good prioritisation skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines, and remain calm under pressure
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in a similar PR role
- Confident and competent in establishing & developing relationships with journalists and media partners
- Excellent copy-writing skills. Ability to produce engaging & channel relevant copy that is accurate and grammatically correct
- Travel industry experience and/or strong interest in travel
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong desire for accuracy and quality.
- Proven skills in proof-reading and copy editing
- Working with the Senior Marketing Communications Manager, to be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of all PR activity, aligned to the content and campaign calendar
- To respond to all incoming media enquiries in a timely and informative manner
- To confidently prepare regular and accurate newsworthy press releases and ‘snippets’ – researching facts and information from around the company, checking product availability, prices, dates and points of interest – reacting to the latest trends and trading priorities
- Develop excellent digital media relationships with a view to driving the brand message and positive reputation into new media / influencer opportunities
- Work with PR agencies on any campaigns and media events as and when required
- To assist and support in times of an issue/crisis. To assist in the drafting of media statements, monitoring or dissemination of information. Note this will require being on call out of hours on rotation with the PR Executive
- To build strong relationships with key journalists to ensure opportunities for media coverage are maximised
- To report on PR activity to the business, continually seeking the most efficient ways to measure and improve on effectiveness
- To develop and maintain the online press centre and keep it updated on a regular basis, ensuring all releases are posted, news items relevant, images fresh etc.
- To work with the Senior Marketing Communications Manager to manage press trip programme, ensuring that effective and sizeable features appear in key target media, in accordance
with business priorities
- To provide support for the Senior Marketing Communications Manager in organising and hosting media events
- To work with teams throughout the business to gather and distribute relevant information for internal PR purposes
- To be a member of a motivated team and take an active role in engendering a positive, energetic and customer-focused working environment
- To support the Senior Marketing Communications Manager in seeking out brand ambassadors, influencers and media partnership opportunities and build relationships with industry partners
- To support the Senior Marketing Communications Manager in delivering effective marketing activity with suitable media partners
- Provide some administrative support to the Marketing team, including monitoring the marketing group phone and inbox
- Support with writing and producing content for use across all marketing channels as required, including blog posts, direct marketing and landing pages
- Marketing, PR or Media communications qualification or degree