Current Jobs Here is a list of jobs that we are currently recruiting for in Marketing, PR and Digital, in and around Surrey. These can change on an almost daily basis so do check back regularly. We also advise you to keep an eye on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook for further updates.
Happy job hunting!
< Back to jobs
PR Account Manager – Newbury, Berkshire
PR Account Manager
Technology and Energy Specialist
We are looking for an experienced account manager with a track record in managing B2B technology PR clients. An appreciation and understanding of cleantech, smart grid, renewable sectors is highly desirable.
This role will manage client relationships and internal teams for key accounts, oversee work flow and processes for PR and integrated teams, ensuring that we meet client KPIs and satisfy day-to-day requirements and longer-term planning objectives.
Your focus will be working with cleantech clients working in the smartgrid energy sector. You will be responsible for managing a client portfolio with minimum supervision, exercising a “hands-on” and autonomous style and reporting directly to the managing director.
- The day-to-day management of clients’ PR and marketing campaigns
- Interact with and gain the trust of senior contacts within client organisations
- Plan and execute monthly deliverables
- ‘Own’ client relationships and work with exceptional organisational and relationship skills
- Solicit and act on client feedback
- Ensure delivery of quality work that meets the client brief
- Translate client business needs into communications action steps with solution-oriented focus
- Manage budgets and ensure that the account is profitable
- Provide overall strategic PR and marketing counsel to clients
- Pitch fresh and innovative ideas to clients
- Provide regular reports that meet clients’ needs
- Keep up to date with industry trends including technology, regulatory and competitive issues
- Plan and schedule activity and key deliverables across the agency
- Actively look for ways to grow existing clients and expand client relationship through cross-servicing
- Identify new prospects, actively participate in new business development, presentations and proposal meetings
Key skills and aptitudes
- Excellent communication skills – both spoken and written
- The ability to quickly and accurately edit written work so that it meets clients’ needs
- An ability to interpret complex ideas and communicate them in plain English
- A proven understanding of the PR process, including knowledge and experience of what editors look for in a story
- The skills required to identify a story opportunity, find an angle on behalf of a client, create a pitch and fulfill the deliverable
- The ability to critique and improve press communications, including news releases and pitches
- Confidence to set realistic expectations with clients regarding outcomes
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to facilitate support of multiple client deadlines
- A current and thorough knowledge of the evolving PR landscape, including digital, social and traditional channels
- An understanding of how to nurture quality media relationships
Qualifications and experience
- Degree qualified
- At least five years working in B2B public relations with progressive job responsibilities
- Interest and experience working in a technology marketing role or managing technology clients is essential
- Agency experience would be an advantage