Job Description – Marketing Assistant
This role would suit an individual who wants to move into a marketing role or develop their marketing skills to the next level. It is a very varied role, covering all aspects of marketing for the company. A full time candidate is preferred, but part time may be considered.
Place of work: Godalming offices.
25 days holiday, free car parking, contributory pension scheme, health care scheme, help with exams through time off for study and with exam costs and study material.
As a member of the Sales & Marketing team, you will be expected to provide assistance as necessary in order for the sales and marketing plan to be executed successfully.
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Duties to include:
- To assist in creating integrated marketing campaigns
- Maintain and update websites including the company Intranet and client portal
- Copy writing and proof reading marketing materials for both print and online
- Input into the design marketing materials such as brochures, application forms and adverts through working closely with creative agencies
- Involvement in social media channels to enhance audience engagement
- Liaise with designers and printers in gaining quotes and monitoring print stock levels
- Assist in the maintenance and update of databases
- Conduct market research
- Monitor and report on competitor activity
- Assist with marketing plans, advertising, direct marketing and campaigns
- Organise and attend events such as conferences, seminars and exhibitions
- Completing internal training, as required, to develop and maintain relevant knowledge
- Working as part of the Sales & Marketing team, some involvement will be required in new business and sales related activities where required, to ensure delivery of agreed actions and communications.
Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm – 37.5 hours, however occasional work in some evenings or weekends to attend events may be required. The job could accommodate part time work, but will still require attendance on each day.
You will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer-facing skills
- Attention to detail
- Copywriting and design skills
- Analytical skills to evaluate marketing campaigns
- Drive and self-motivation
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to work well under pressure
- Teamwork and the ability to foster good working relationships
- Skills in IT and social media
- Numeracy skills.
Formal marketing and financial qualifications not essential, but preferred