Here is a list of jobs that we are currently recruiting for in Marketing, PR and Digital, in and around Surrey. These can change on an almost daily basis so do check back regularly. We also advise you to keep an eye on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook for further updates.
Happy job hunting!
< Back to jobs
Copywriter – Technology clients – Kingston upon Thames
Our client is a Technology PR agency with an enviable client list. They are looking for a strong Copywriter with a strong portfolio of work for Technology clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a genuine desire to join a fast growing, dynamic, well respected and highly motivated team.
The copywriter will play a hands-on role across all of his/her client accounts and nurture direct relationships with client contacts. Excellent training opportunities are provided and we actively encourage our team to attend events and conferences to build their market knowledge and expertise.
In addition to client work, we encourage employees to get involved in developing the agency through internal training initiatives, involvement in marketing activity, blogging and playing an integral role on new business pitching.
- Main day-to-day contact for all clients. Responsible for ensuring that the PR tactics agreed in the PR plan are delivered and on schedule.
- Effective team management, working closely with account executives to ensure delivery of high quality work
- In-depth journalist knowledge and contacts and the ability to understand what makes a good story and what tactics can be best used to get outstanding coverage for clients
- Writing a variety of copy, from press releases and case studies, to blog posts and market reports
- Active involvement in social networks on behalf of clients and the agency
- Account development – spotting growth opportunities
- Knowledge building to ensure continuous ideas generation and creative approach to client PR campaigns
- Active involvement in new business presentations
Experience and credentials
- Minimum three years experience in B2B technology copywriting, preferably with an agency background
- Strong contacts within the tech and business media, with proven abilities to generate coverage
- Team working and communication abilities essential, with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Active in social networking sphere
- A willingness to get involved in wider company initiatives such as the blog, networking and marketing
- Keen to develop new ideas and practices
- Understanding/interest of digital marketing and SEO
Salary and benefits
- Salary £28-35k depending on experience
- Company mobile phone issued to all account handlers after six months
- 23 days holiday plus 4 extra days at Christmas, increasing to 25 days after two years
- Childcare voucher scheme after completion of probationary period
- Generous maternity and paternity benefits after 2 years of continuous employment
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Commission paid for the introduction of new staff and clients to the company
- Cycle to Work scheme after completion of probationary period
- Appraisals every six months with full 360 degrees once a year
- Unpaid sabbatical of one month after 5 years of continuous employment
- Company contribution to a personal pension scheme
- Individual training plan set up on induction and encouragement to attend both internal and external training courses
- Company socials held regularly and parties in the summer and at Christmas