I am looking for
Communications Executive – Project Based
Overall Role Purpose
To develop and manage customer communications projects for UK. As a communications specialist, this role will be responsible for the customer communications elements for a number of significant business projects.
Working within project teams with expert leads from each department, the role will represent communications and provide expert guidance to deliver the project messages as effectively as possible to our customers, using all communications channels available.
You will be working for a truly market-leading, global business at our UK headquarters. Situated within the Marketing department, working for the Customer & External Communications team.
As a communications specialist, this role will be responsible for the customer communications elements for a number of significant business projects.
Working within project teams with expert leads from each department, the role will represent communications and provide expert guidance to deliver the project messages as effectively as possible to our customers, using all communications channels available. Messages must be delivered as innovatively as possible, ensuring maximum impact and results.
Business projects may also include or be focused on relevant external partners, where assessment of appropriate messaging and strong partner management will be essential.
This role must also liaise with colleagues across the business to ensure knowledge relevant to the project is gained and understood. This will facilitate the production and delivery of accurate, concise and effective communications. Working with the Internal Communications team is also needed to support in delivering project messages to a wider audience, and ensuring the customer messaging is relayed to colleagues, especially Sales and front line staff.
Monitoring performance is necessary to ensure best practice and continued engagement is achieved across all areas of responsibility. Continuous development of campaigns based on insight, analysis and feedback is required to deliver the best possible communications.
• Development and execution of communications plans for every key business project, with agreement gained from Head of Communications and any other relevant stakeholder
• Creation of specific campaigns and communications that align with plans and respond to key business objectives
• Utilisation of all channels and media to deliver key messaging – including email, social media, websites, videos, collateral, presentations, webinars, events, partnerships
• Innovatively review requirements and evaluate best delivery options based on latest technology and marketing practice/innovation
• Co-ordinate with external specialist agencies to manage/create/deliver campaigns
• Support the development and effective management of key external partners
• Monitor the success of projects, reporting back to management
• Ensure project costs are recorded, monitored and kept on budget
• Liaise with colleagues across all departments to provide guidance, creativity and the resources required to effectively deliver messages to customers
• Proactively engage with key managers to gain awareness of business developments and opportunities for communication
• KPI’s agreed in the annual performance appraisal
• Knowledge of the business and key audiences
• Co-operation across the department and wider business
• Long term successful relationships with managers and employees across all departments
• Development and maintenance of an external network of contacts and partners
• Speed, accuracy and consistency of work and information delivered
• Campaigns delivered on time and on budget
Skills / Qualifications
• Computer literacy
• Planning and organising
• Communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to multi-task
• Attention to detail
• Stakeholder management skills
• Influencing, persuading and negotiation skills.
• Strong strategic thinking and analytic ability
• Good motivator and team player.
Expected years of experience
• It is essential that the candidate has a minimum of 2 years, and ideally 3-5 years, experience in a similar role
Expected Educational Qualifications
• A relevant degree and/or professional qualification would be preferred
This is a 12 month contract.