Current Jobs Here is a list of jobs that we are currently recruiting for in Marketing, PR and Digital, in and around Surrey. These can change on an almost daily basis so do check back regularly. We also advise you to keep an eye on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook for further updates.
Happy job hunting!
< Back to jobs
Account Executive – Consumer PR – Guildford, Surrey
Our client is an exciting and successful PR agency located in Guildford, Surrey.
They are looking for a friendly, hard-working, driven candidate to join them as an Account Executive / Assistant Account Executive.
The clients you’ll work on will be a mix of Food, Drink and Consumer and you’ll be working with some great brands!
- Possesses basic understanding of public relations within wider marketing mix.
- Possesses basic media relations co-ordination and support skills including creating media lists; conducting media research; updating media database; tracking forward features.
- Begins to develop journalist relationships; gains familiarity with journalist specialisms/interests, editorial contacts, publication dates.
- Demonstrates online and offline research skills (primary, secondary); and relevance to client’s sector.
- Builds knowledge and understanding of industry publications, nationals, broadcast media.
- Demonstrates working to quality standards, pays attention to detail, with no careless errors.
- Demonstrates basic competency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook – or other company-preferred applications software) and Internet skills.
- Demonstrates sound communication skills.
- Provides effective administration support; completes assignments, meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using PR and media tools such as Gorkana.
- Demonstrates effective time management.
- Works effectively within a team, demonstrating co-ordination, communication, problem-solving, contribution.
- Demonstrates motivation and a ‘can-do’ attitude – applies energy and enthusiasm to ongoing workload and projects.
- Begins to understand company’s operations, procedures and business methods.
- Begins to build understanding of client business, industry sectors and issues.
- Organises editorial calendars, including sourcing and qualification of information. Maintaining in up to date condition.
- Liaises with suppliers, such as venues, photographers, printers and press cutting agencies.
- Prepares press materials and press packs with guidance from line manager.
- Contributes to budget and programme planning; suggests resources.
Account management and strategic thinking and planning
- Contributes to preparation and planning for projects
- Begins to develop an understanding of the pitch process; begins to participate in brainstorms and contributes ideas.
- Begins to develop knowledge of the full services of the company.
- Conducts research to support pitch activities.
Offices are located in Central Guildford, within easy reach of the train station.